In this specialized therapy group, a certified therapist will work with the participants to help them deal with and manage the symptoms of anxiety and provide support in a positive, safe and judgement-free environment.
Should I go for individual therapy or group therapy? Both options have its benefits and advantages. In individual counseling the attention and focus is solely on your individual needs and the issues you would like to address. In group therapy on the other hand the attention is spread across the members of the group and can be an affectrive treatment for anxiety as it normalizes your struggles of anxiety and the group can also act as a support network and sounding board.
In this group you will be able to:
- Learn effective coping skills and techniques to assist managing the symptoms of anxiety.
- Gain support from others experiencing similar feelings in a safe and supportive environment.
- Explore and process feelings and triggers for anxiety.
- When: New groups are being formed to commence 3rd week in January 2018. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for interest and to confirm your spot.
- Duration: 4 weeks.
- Time and day: The group will meet for four 90mins sessions that will take place on Wednesdays 18:30-20:00.